This application (“App”) has been developed and is operated and maintained by or on behalf of Rome Media Pty Ltd (“Rome Media“, “we” or “us“).
2. The types of personal information we collect and how we collect it:
Information you provide upon entering a promotion or competition run in an App: if you enter a promotion or competition run in the app we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the promotion or competition. Information you provide when taking part in a poll or survey run in an App: if you take part in a poll or survey run in an App we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the poll or survey.
Games: if you register to play a game through an App, we will use your personal information in accordance with the terms of the game.
Email communications: we use web beacons in our emails to track the success of our marketing campaigns. Our web beacons don’t store any information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened an email from us. We may keep track of the emails that we send you. We also keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt out of receiving such emails, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
3. How we use the information that we collect
The relevant App Store owns the information it collects when you purchase this App through the App Store. They may share some of that information with us, depending on the selections you have made. We will use it, as applicable, to:
Provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services that you have ordered, such as Apps and subscriptions to Apps
Confirm or fulfill an order you have submitted
Inform you if you have won a prize
Monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this App
Monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the App, enforce our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint
Send you promotional materials or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our group companies and marketing partners. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify us of this as part of the App Store registration process and/or App purchase process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive or by amending your marketing preferences, normally in the App Store account management section
For any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
4. Who we may share your personal information with
Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organizing and managing competitions, promotions, surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, App analysis, data analysis and processing credit card payments. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so.
Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and App usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organizations.
Third-Party Ad Serving Services: we or the App Store may use a third-party network advertiser to serve advertisements within the App. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on the category the App falls into. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or services you might be interested in. This App’s advertisers and/or sponsors may themselves set and access their own cookies on your device if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser.
Third Party Analytics Services: we may use the Google Analytics, Flurry or other analytics services to anonymously collect and analyze which pages of the App are viewed and for how long and which links are followed, so that we can provide more content which is of interest to you.
7. Security: In accordance with our requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998, we will adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to your information. Neither Rome Media nor any of its group companies shall be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any of your information on servers owned and maintained by or on behalf of Rome Media and its group companies.
8. A note for parents concerning privacy: this App and the App Store is for a general audience although age gating may be set by the relevant App Store based upon information we provide when we submit the App to the relevant App Store. We do not currently knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of seventeen. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit http://www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/familysafety and the GetNetWise website to learn more about parental control tools.
10. Questions about this App and the information we hold about you: if you have any general questions about this App or the information we have collected about you and how we use it, you can contact the Rome Media Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about your information including what we hold and how it is used, you can contact us at email@example.com. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.contact the supplier of your web browser.
If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your machine. Here are links to the main third party advertising platforms we use, each of which have instructions on how to do this:
You can find out how to decline other online behavioural advertising by visiting: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
If you object to web beacons in emails, we recommend that you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies above. We will still know how many of our emails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier of your computer or other access device; but we will not identify you as an individual.
How to find out more information:
For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and for more information about behavioural advertising in particular please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/